Dry Ridge System
Working of the System
Dry Ridge roofing refers to the easy roll and clip mechanical installation of the ridge and hip tiles without the use of the traditional mortar application. Coverland Dry Ridge Rolls, ventilating Compact Roll and non-ventilating Quick Ridge rolls, are manufactured and tested in Germany. The fact that 100% of the roofs in Germany are fixed with the Dry Ridge method, attests to the attributes and benefits of the Dry Ridge System.
- Ridge Tree: A solid device that acts as a guide for alignment of the ridge/ hip runner. It is screwed to the counter batten, and then a top ridge runner batten is fixed on top.
- D ry Ridge Rolls: Available in Quick Ridge, which is the non-ventilating roll and the Compact Roll which ventilating. This is the main component of the system and is rolled along the topmost batten of the roof ridge/hip, stapled to the hip batten and then stuck to the tiles with the strong butyl adhesive strips.
- Kro Clips: Secure cut hip tiles to the valley and hips with the stainless steel spring clips.
- Ridge Clips: Screwed into the ridge tile and ridge batten to complete the System.
- SECURE: offers better resistance to wind uplift and water penetration.
- TIME-SAVING INSTALLATION: Easy Application, no messy mortar or the inconvenience of mixing and carrying mortar. Approximately 2.5hrs/10m roof versus mortar (approximately 6hrs/10m roof).
- NO UNUSUAL SKILLS, MINIMAL TOOLS: Roll and stick mechanism (see Fixing)
- COST - EFFECTIVE: No long-term maintenance associated with mortar bedding
- WEATHER-PROOF and safe
- HIGH QUALITY UNIVERSAL DESIGN: Manufactured in Germany, suits most concrete tiles; all Coverland tile profiles.